Frequently Asked Questions
In the event of losing the vehicle driving license, the owner submits a written request to be signed by him personally. According to the form prepared for this purpose, the competent licensing department shall issue a driving license in place of the lost one.
The engine is replaced with another of the same fuel with a capacity not exceeding or less than (30%) of the original engine capacity, provided that the switch does not lead to modification in the chassis or affect the balance of the vehicle and the original engine capacity of the vehicle is confirmed by the original vehicle customs statement.
The engine is replaced with another of the same fuel with a capacity doesn’t exceeding or less than (35%) of the original capacity, provided that the engine power is not less than the total weight by (5.5) hp / tonin the event that the engine was replaced and the vehicle was originally duty-free from customs duties, meaning that it was not levied customs duties on the original engine, and the old (original) engine is delivered to the customs department. A waiver deed is brought with it and it is attached to the vehicle file with the customs declaration of the new engine
An international driving license is granted by the Royal Automobile Club in the Kingdom, and the applicant for it is required to have valid Jordanian driving licenses.
Inspect passenger cars and motorbikes, except for public ones, And rental vehicles that were not more than three years old once upon registration, And motorized bicycles, with the exception of public and rental vehicles, of which no more than ten years have passed, Once every two years according to the following: Passenger cars and odd-numbered motorbikes are exempt from examination in the odd year Passenger cars are exempted, Even-numbered motorbikes from the examination in the even-numbered year
Periodically inspect passenger cars and motorbikes that are more than ten years old every year. Public and tourist passenger cars (rental) are inspected periodically annually. Inspect medium passenger cars, buses, freight vehicles, combined transport, special use, trailers and semi-trailers. Periodic Inspection Every year, motorbikes, medium buses, buses and freight vehicles engaged in driver training are inspected. Periodic examination every six months Medium buses and buses operating in the field of transporting students and workers in educational institutions are examined periodically every six months. Agricultural and work vehicles operating on pneumatic tires shall be periodically examined once every three years. Agricultural and work vehicles operating on non-pneumatic tires shall be periodically examined once every five years.
– The first category is classified into two categories, ( Type 1):. The first category is classified into two categories, the first category (type1- 1) which is a license to drive a motorbike. And the first – (type 1-2), which is a license to drive a motorbike of the type of scooter.
– The second category driving license is classified into two categories, ( Type 2-1): It is the construction vehicle driving license and the second driving license 2, which is the agricultural vehicle driving license.
– a driving license category ( Type 7): a driving license is equipped with a special vehicle equipped for the disabled..
– a driving licenses category ( Type 3): are classified into two driving license from the third category 1: It is a license to drive private vehicles with a normal gearbox, up to a weight of five tons / Driver’s license types 2, which is a license to drive private vehicles with automatic gearboxes and up to a weight of five tons(5000)kg, Provided that the number of passengers for both categories does not exceed nine people, including the driver.
– a driving licence category ( Type 4 public): It is a license to drive a public vehicle with no more than nine passengers, including the driver Its total weight does not exceed seven and a half tons (7500)kg.
– a driving license category ( Type 6 two axles): It is a driver’s license to drive medium buses Provided that the number of passengers does not exceed thirty people, including the driver Driving vehicles with a total weight of more than seven and a half tons.
– a driving license category ( Type 6): The driver’s license is classified into two categories, category 6, which is the license to drive a freight vehicle (trailer and semi trailer) It is a bus-class driver’s license.